We offer a variety of services that are designed specifically for college students.
The Health & Counseling Center provides a medical home for all currently enrolled students.
We provide evaluation and treatment of acute illness and injuries to students. Services provided include:
- Assessment and treatment of minor illnesses and injuries
- Co-management of chronic illness when medically appropriate (Students who have major or chronic medical conditions are advised to be under the care of a private physician.)
- Referrals to specialists
- Prescriptions for medication
- Specimen collection for lab testing
- Basic lab testing: Rapid strep and flu tests, glucose finger sticks, and urinalysis
- Well-women exams, sports and travel exams
- Splints, slings, crutches for minor injuries
Required immunizations include:
- Bacterial meningitis within the last five years and at least 10 days before the first day of class
- Tetanus booster within the last 10 years
- Two measles, mumps and rubela (MMR) vaccines if born after 1957
- International students must have a negative TB skin test or chest X-ray from within the last year
Recommended immunizations include:
- Chicken Pox (varricela)
Please contact the Health & Counseling Center for additional information on how and where to get immunizations.
The Health & Counseling Center can assist with health forms, travel immunizations and other preparations for students who are traveling or studying abroad. We recommend that students who are going abroad review the CDC’s Travelers’ Health information related to the area they plan to visit. Additionally, practitioners are available for follow up for any health problems that arise upon return.