Robert Denton Bryant has worked in Hollywood in marketing and production, and in video games as a publisher and a developer. He has been Executive Producer on dozens of games on platforms ranging from CD-ROMs to the iPad, including the bestselling World Championship Poker and Pinball Hall of Fame console franchises. He is the co-author (with Charles P. Schultz) of Game Testing All-In-One and (with Keith Giglio) of Slay the Dragon! Writing Great Video Games. He has lectured in the US and Europe on game writing and narrative design.
Publications & Articles
- “From Hardcore Gamers to Hardcore Testers: How to Hire and Manage the Best Team” lecture (as invited guest of Quantic Lab), Game Quality Forum Global, Amsterdam, June 26, 2019
- "From Day Job to Dream Job – Making the Transition” panel, San Diego Comic-Con, San Diego, July 22, 2016.
- “Writing Great Video Games with Great Video Game Writers” panel moderator, Stan Lee’s Comikaze Expo, Los Angeles, October 31, 2015.
- “The Impact of Video Games on Traditional Film & Television Narrative” joint lecture (with Keith Giglio), University Film and Video Association (UFVA) Conference, American University, August 2015.
- “Mario vs. Aristotle: Journeys of Action and Journeys of Emotion, an Approach to Writing for Interactive Media” lecture, University of Skövde (Sweden), December 4, 2014.