Theater On The Hilltop
Mary Moody Northen Theatre (MMNT) provides a top-quality theater experience at an unbeatable price, even in COVID times. Our ticketing details will match the different modes of performance through the season. See details, below. Reservations for our Out of the Box: A (Virtual) Play Reading Series will open September 14.
MMNT Box Office
- Location: Lobby of the Mary Moody Northen Theatre on the St. Edward’s University campus. View campus map and directions.
- Hours: Open Monday–Friday, 2–5 p.m. and Saturdays, 3–5 p.m. during the production season. Open one hour prior to curtain on performance days. Contact us at 512-448-8484.
Even during COVID restrictions, productions run Thursday–Saturday evenings at 7:30 p.m. and Sundays at 2 p.m. Here is our upcoming schedule:
Next up: Out of the Box: A (Virtual) Play Reading Series
Delivered safely to your home through the magic of the internet. Reservations required. Plays include:
Gizmo, by Anthony Clarvoe September 17 at 7:30 pm; September 20 at 2 pm
Arrhythmia, by Zell Miller III September 18 at 7:30 pm; September 24 at 7:30 pm; September 26 at 7:30 pm
Electricidad, by Luis Alfaro. September 19 at 7:30 pm; September 25 at 7:30 pm; September 27 at 2 pm
Coming November 13: Ten Minutes at a Time: the 10-Minute Play Festival
- Available online (FREE) for Out of the Box: A Virtual Play Reading Series. Reservations are available beginning September 14. Donations welcome.
Admission to Out of the Box: A (Virtual) Play Reading Series is FREE. We know every dollar counts. Stay tuned for student discount rates available on future productions.
MMNT season-ticket subscribers enjoy one of the best values for theater-goers in Texas. Here are four smart reasons to subscribe:
- Save money: Season ticket holders save up to 20% off our single ticket prices.
- Reserve the best seats: Select your seats before they go on sale to the general public. Season pass holders may make reservations any time through the MMNT box office.
- Enjoy flexibility: Manage your theater schedule to complement your busy lifestyle.
- Receive additional perks: Take advantage of free and easy ticket exchanges. Receive a friendly reminder call before each performance. And jump to the top of the waiting list for sold-out performance
40+ Years of Vibrant Theater on the Hilltop
The only arena theater in Austin, Mary Moody Northen Theatre sits at the center of our campus with one of the best views of the city skyline. Come early to your play, and bring a picnic to enjoy on the hillside.
See the current MMNT season.
Our performances often sell out, so we recommend that you make your reservations early. In the event that a performance is sold out, we will enact our waiting list protocol. We begin taking names for each waiting list when the box office opens one hour prior to the performance. You must be present in the theater to place your name on the list, and you must be present when your name is called. Seats are released in order of availability, with the priority going first to season ticket holders. We have had excellent luck seating waiting list patrons. If you wish to see a play and hear it is sold out, we encourage you to come try your luck. There are snacks available in the lobby, a coffee shop is just around the corner and we have one of the best views of the city in town. On pretty days, you can bring a picnic and have dinner on the hillside while you wait.
All sales are final and your ticket is not refundable. Late-comers are seated at the discretion of the house manager. Unclaimed seats at curtain time are subject to release to patrons on standby.
No firearms are permitted on campus, either open or concealed.
Parking and Directions
Our current production is available online only. Parking details will be revised and updated as COVID protocols dictate. Check back here for updates.
We all look forward to the time we can be together safely on the Hilltop.
St. Edward's University is located south of Oltorf Drive and just west of 1-35. We are easily accessible from Congress Avenue or I-35. Border streets include Woodward Avenue to the south, Congress Avenue to the west and St. Edward's Drive to the north. There are campus entrances from each of these streets. The theater is located on the east side of our campus at the end of Theatre Pass. You will recognize the theater from its round design, it's prominent placement on the hilltop and the identifying banners on the sides of the building. Get directions and learn more.