Enjoy great theater
Mary Moody Northen Theatre (MMNT) provides a top-quality theater experience at an unbeatable price. We bring our professional work to audiences in an affordable, flexible selection of season passes and individual ticket options. See details, below. Tickets to Spring Awakening are available here.
MMNT Box Office
- Location: Lobby of the Mary Moody Northen Theatre on the St. Edward’s University campus. View campus map and directions.
- Hours: Open Monday–Friday, 1–5 p.m. and Saturdays, 3–5 p.m. during the production season. Open one hour prior to curtain on performance days. Contact us at 512-448-8484.
All productions run Thursday–Saturday evenings at 7:30 p.m. and Sundays at 2 p.m. We often add additional performances on Wednesday evenings. Ask our box office staff for more information or view our individual show calendar via the online ticket link, below. Please note that single tickets go on sale three weeks prior to opening. Or order a Season Pass and save all year.
- Available online and via the MMNT box office three weeks prior to each production.
- Play: $25 Reserved ($18 for students, seniors and the St. Edward's University community)
- Musical: $28 Reserved ($23 for students, seniors and the St. Edward's University community)
(Or save money and make your life easier by purchasing a SEASON PASS)
Student Discount Nights
Students always pay a lower price for tickets at MMNT, but twice during every run we offer an even steeper discount. Join us for student discount nights on the first Friday and second Thursday of each production, when student tickets are only $10 for a play and $12 for the musical. The student night rate applies to all students, regardless of school affiliation. A student ID is required. Student night tickets may be purchased through this website or the MMNT box office.
Discount pricing is available for groups of 10 or more. Advance purchase is required. For pricing information, please contact us at 512-448-8484.
MMNT season-ticket subscribers enjoy one of the best values for theater-goers in Texas. Here are four smart reasons to subscribe:
- Save money: Season ticket holders save up to 20% off our single ticket prices.
- Reserve the best seats: Select your seats before they go on sale to the general public. Season pass holders may make reservations any time through the MMNT box office.
- Enjoy flexibility: Manage your theater schedule to complement your busy lifestyle.
- Receive additional perks: Take advantage of free and easy ticket exchanges. Receive a friendly reminder call before each performance. And jump to the top of the waiting list for sold-out performance
THE SEASON PASS
Four tickets to use over the course of the season. Enjoy one admission to every play, or use it in any combination. If you miss a show, just bring a friend to the next one!
- 2018–2019 Subscription Rate: $90 ($74 for students, seniors and members of the St. Edward's University community)
THE FLEX PASS
Double your fun with the eight ticket Flex Pass. Use this pass to for eight admissions in any combination over the course of the season. We recommend this option if you usually buy two season passes or if you enjoy bringing your friends to the theater!
- 2018–2019 Subscription Rate: $174 ($142 for students, seniors and members of the St. Edward's University community)
Once the September production has ended, only current pass holders may renew for additional passes through the year. All pricing reflects a $6 processing fee. For more information, please contact us at 512-448-8484.
40+ Years of Vibrant Theater on the Hilltop
The only arena theater in Austin, Mary Moody Northen Theatre sits at the center of our campus with one of the best views of the city skyline. Come early to your play, and bring a picnic to enjoy on the hillside.
See the current MMNT season.
Our performances often sell out, so we recommend that you make your reservations early. In the event that a performance is sold out, we will enact our waiting list protocol. We begin taking names for each waiting list when the box office opens one hour prior to the performance. You must be present in the theater to place your name on the list, and you must be present when your name is called. Seats are released in order of availability, with the priority going first to season ticket holders. We have had excellent luck seating waiting list patrons. If you wish to see a play and hear it is sold out, we encourage you to come try your luck. There are snacks available in the lobby, a coffee shop is just around the corner and we have one of the best views of the city in town. On pretty days, you can bring a picnic and have dinner on the hillside while you wait.
All sales are final and your ticket is not refundable. Late-comers are seated at the discretion of the house manager. Unclaimed seats at curtain time are subject to release to patrons on standby.
No firearms are permitted on campus, either open or concealed.
Parking and Directions
The following parking lots are designated for event parking: the Parking Garage, east of the softball field; and Lot P, east of the Parking Garage. In addition, all Yellow and Green lots and the Visitor lot are available to MMNT patrons during performance events. Please note that all vehicles parked on campus must be registered. Event parking registration is available from the MMNT Box Office at the time of your ticket purchase and prior to the performance. Weekday evening parking can be crowded due to evening classes on campus, so please give yourself some extra time. Curbside parking is not allowed. Please review the university parking map here for lot locations and be mindful of campus parking restrictions. If you have any parking-related questions, please contact the box office at 512.448.8484.
St. Edward's University is located south of Oltorf Drive and just west of 1-35. We are easily accessible from Congress Avenue or I-35. Border streets include Woodward Avenue to the south, Congress Avenue to the west and St. Edward's Drive to the north. There are campus entrances from each of these streets. The theater is located on the east side of our campus at the end of Theatre Pass. You will recognize the theater from its round design, it's prominent placement on the hilltop and the identifying banners on the sides of the building. Get directions and learn more.