Theater On The Hilltop
Mary Moody Northen Theatre (MMNT) provides a top-quality theater experience at an unbeatable price. See details, below. Individual tickets go on sale three (3) weeks prior to opening.
MMNT Box Office
- Location: Lobby of the Mary Moody Northen Theatre on the St. Edward’s University campus. View campus map and directions.
- Hours: Open Monday–Friday, 3–5 p.m. and Saturdays, 3–5 p.m. during the production season. Open one hour prior to curtain on performance days. Contact us at 512-448-8484.
Productions run Thursday–Saturday evenings at 7:30 p.m. and Sundays at 2 p.m.
For your safety and the safety of the production team, MMNT continues to follow COVID-19 heath and safety protocols including symptom checks, limited audience sizes and physical distancing in the arena. Masks are required. Check back here for updated protocols as we head into our 50th anniversary celebration this fall. Thank you.
Stay tuned for the kick-off of our 2022-2023 season. We are excited to see you soon! Donations welcome.
Student tickets are available for a discounted rate of $15.
Group rates are available for groups of 10 or more.
Please contact the box office for additional information.
MMNT season-ticket subscribers enjoy one of the best values for theater-goers in Texas. Here are four smart reasons to subscribe:
- Save money: Season ticket holders save up to 20% off our single ticket prices.
- Reserve the best seats: Select your seats before they go on sale to the general public. Season pass holders may make reservations any time through the MMNT box office.
- Enjoy flexibility: Manage your theater schedule to complement your busy lifestyle.
- Receive additional perks: Take advantage of free and easy ticket exchanges. Receive a friendly reminder call before each performance. And jump to the top of the waiting list for sold-out performance
40+ Years of Vibrant Theater on the Hilltop
The only arena theater in Austin, Mary Moody Northen Theatre sits at the center of our campus with one of the best views of the city skyline. Come early to your play, and bring a picnic to enjoy on the hillside.
See the current MMNT season.
Our performances often sell out, so we recommend that you make your reservations early. In the event that a performance is sold out, we will enact our waiting list protocol. We begin taking names for each waiting list when the box office opens one hour prior to the performance. You must be present in the theater to place your name on the list, and you must be present when your name is called. Seats are released in order of availability, with the priority going first to season ticket holders. We have had excellent luck seating waiting list patrons. If you wish to see a play and hear it is sold out, we encourage you to come try your luck. There are snacks available in the lobby, a coffee shop is just around the corner and we have one of the best views of the city in town. On pretty days, you can bring a picnic and have dinner on the hillside while you wait.
All sales are final and your ticket is not refundable. Late-comers are seated at the discretion of the house manager. Unclaimed seats at curtain time are subject to release to patrons on standby.
No firearms are permitted on campus, either open or concealed.
Parking and Directions
Free campus parking is available to ticket buyers. You will receive a parking map and a link to register your vehicle from the box office via email on the morning of your event. Please refrain from curb parking.
St. Edward's University is located south of Oltorf Drive and just west of 1-35. We are easily accessible from Congress Avenue or I-35. Border streets include Woodward Avenue to the south, Congress Avenue to the west and St. Edward's Drive to the north. There are campus entrances from each of these streets. The theater is located on the east side of our campus at the end of Theatre Pass. You will recognize the theater from its round design, it's prominent placement on the hilltop and the identifying banners on the sides of the building. Get directions and learn more.