Prepare early for registration day

Students must meet with their assigned advisor to receive an alternate pin for registration. This should be done before registration day. An alternate pin is a semester specific code that allows students to access the add/drop courses section in MyHilltop. Without a pin, students will not be able to register for courses. If uncertain, use Degree Works to find your Primary Academic Advisor. 

How to prepare for advising

Students can use the Plans tab in Degree Works to create a draft schedule for upcoming semesters. Your Primary Academic Advisor (listed in Degree Works) should provide your pin only after reviewing your schedule. Refer to the Undergraduate Bulletin for a complete list of major and minor options and requirements. Additional information can be found under the Majors & Minors menu on the left side of this page.

How to take a course off campus

Courses taken at other schools after starting at SEU need to be approved in advance by completing a Request to Take Courses Off Campus (from myHilltop). See Transfer Credit Evaluation page for equivalency guides at other Texas schools and more information.

Course registration and tutorials

Academic calendar and important dates

Wait list and overload instructions

How to apply to graduate

  • Refer to this PDF for detailed instructions. Check the dates and deadlines link for the application deadline. All transfer of credit must be submitted to the Office of the Register before you can be certified to graduate. You must have a request to take a course off campus form on file to receive credit. RTCOC's can be found under forms.