- Travel and competition is suspended for Fall 2020. Spring 2021 travel and competition eligbility will be determined at a future date
- Club teams will be permitted to work with Recreation and Wellness to develop physically distanced practice plans for off-season work in the fall. Clubs can practice this fall starting Monday 10/19/2020. Practices will conclude Tuesday 11/24/2020. Spring 2021 in person practices may resume effective 2/1/2021.
- Review our Return to Club Sport Play Guidelines
- Plans must account for a number of guidelines, including but not limited to: physical distancing, facial coverings if indoors, proof of daily health screening via the TopperSafe App, and limited capacities
- RecWell will explore internal programs to support community building and competition on campus to support club continuity
- Travel and competition opportunities will be re-evaluated for Spring 2020.
Giving to Club Sport Teams
Clubs need a variety of funding, including player dues and gifts from alumni, parents, and friends of the programs. Support a Club Sport team today!
About Club Sports
Club Sports at St. Edward’s University provides students a variety of opportunities to learn a new sport, stay fit, make friends, and compete against other university club and varsity teams around the nation. The Club Sport community strives for excellence in both on the field competition, the classroom, and in developing strong student leaders. Club team operations are executed by student officers and leaders, providing a unique learning environment and student-driven experience.
Why Join a Club Sport?
Make new friends, stay active, reduce stress, become a campus leader, compete against other universities, learnd a new sport, continue your athletic career, learn new skills, be a part of a family.
Check out these stories on the Benefits of Joining a Club Sport Team.
Interested in starting a new Club Sport?
Contact us to set up a meeting and discuss your options. We encourage all students interested in starting a new club sport to email Clint Jones, Associate Director of Recreation and Wellness, to set up an initial meeting.
"I am so happy I joined club soccer. I didn't have any friends at St. Edward's before joining and was seriously considering transferring. Now I have a great group friends and a place where I belong. These programs are such a great addition to the university and are diverse enough that anyone can find a place to fit in." — Women's Club Soccer Player '16