RecWell's fitness team has a number of ways our community can stay active in a variety of fitness programs including:
GroupX Live in person & virtual classes
GroupX will offer live classes both in-person and online for the Spring 2021 semester. Please note:
- Students who choose to participate in physically distanced in-person classes will be required to reserve their spot using IMLeagues. Students must have a reserved spot for all in-person classes.
- In-person classes will be held in the Alumni Gym, RAC Fitness Studio, or outside to ensure appropriate distancing.
- Capacity for in-person classes is limited based on facility guidelines.
- Facial coverings will be required for all indoor fitness activities, including indoor GroupX
- In person classes are limited to student participants only
- Students attending live virtual classes will be required to register using IMLeagues to receive appropriate log-in information
- For schedule and class descriptions, visit our GroupX Website
GroupX pre-recorded content
GroupX instructors will build a digital library for access by students, faculty, staff, alumni, and our extended Hilltopper families. Please note:
- GroupX instructors will populate our pre-recorded content regularly
- Visit our RecWell YouTube Channel to access FREE pre-recorded content
Recreation Movement 2020
SEU RecWell has partnered with universities around the country to provide a robust offering of group fitness virtual classes from instructors around the nation. With over 100 universities participating, participants have access to dozens of live and pre-recorded fitness classes taught by instructors from Rec programs nationwide. To access these classes:
- Create an account using your "stedwards.edu" address. ONLY ".edu" accounts will be accepted, so use your STEDS email and sign-up by CLICKING HERE
- Log-in and search the list of classes. Find any format you want to attend.
- Classes taught by SEU instructors will be included, but you are encouraged to take classes from any instructor, with any format, from any school that you wish
RecWell's nationally certified Personal Trainers are here to help you reach your fitness and wellness goals. Designed with all levels of fitness in mind, CPTs are here to support you no matter if you are a newbie to working out or are an elite competitive athlete. Sessions start at just $25/session. More information is available HERE.
Custom Fitness Program
Interested in a weight room orientation for your group? A custom GroupX class? A health education workshop? RecWell wants to come to you and support you and your needs. If you are interested in partnering with any area of RecWell, you can request our team to create a custom experience for you.