Congratulations Class of 2021 and Class of 2020!
Your St. Edward’s family could not be prouder of you and your many achievements, especially during the unprecedent challenges of the past year. Graduation day is arriving soon, bringing cherished celebrations and memories. This year, St. Edward’s is excited to honor both our Class of 2021 and Class of 2020 with special festivities designed for each.
Our graduation events are carefully planned to align with our health and safety protocols. To date, they include:
- Virtual and in-person GradFests for the Class of 2021 and Class of 2020 to kick off preparations for commencement
- A drive-in Baccalaureate Mass, open to graduates from the Class of 2021 and the Class of 2020 on May 9, 2021
- A fully virtual commencement ceremony for the Class of 2021 on May 8, 2021
- An optional in-person commencement experience for the Class of 2021 and the Class of 2020 that includes walking across the stage as well as a modified Legacy Walk
St. Edward’s will continue monitoring the conditions on campus and in our community, making adjustments to our graduation festivities as necessary to prioritize health and safety. Please visit this webpage frequently for ongoing updates. Thank you for your patience as we look forward to celebrating our outstanding 2021 and 2020 graduates!
St. Edward's University will host a drive-in Baccalaureate Mass, open to graduates from the Class of 2021 and the Class of 2020. Registration is required.
Date and Time: Sunday, May 9 at 5 p.m.
Location: Parking lot P3 (which is next to the parking garage).
*The altar and ministers will be in the parking garage.
GradFest for Class of 2021 and Class of 2020
If you like convenience, you’ll love GradFest! It offers one-stop shopping for all your graduation needs — caps, gowns, announcements, class rings and more. Stay for as little or as long as you need. We hope to see you there!
To prioritize the health and safety of our hilltop community, GradFest will take place over two days this year — one day for in-person attendees and one day for virtual attendees. Students can attend one or both events during these dates and times.
Wednesday, March 24
11 a.m.—6 p.m.
During both days of GradFest, university staff members and vendors are on hand to help you finalize graduation details and get ready for commencement day. You’ll also find out about graduation affinity ceremonies, and services and support you can look forward to as a member of the St. Edward’s alumni family.
Here’s what you can accomplish and learn at GradFest:
- Confirm your graduation certification and how your name will appear on your diploma with the Registrar’s office.
- Order your class ring and commencement announcements from Balfour.
- Order your cap and gown from the St. Edward’s University Bookstore.
- Sign up for a time to have your commencement portrait taken by Flash Photography (March 24 only)
- Talk with the Career and Professional Development team about résumé, job search and career networking resources.
- Explore graduation affinity ceremonies sponsored by Student Life that align with your interests.
- Learn about the many benefits of being active in the St. Edward’s Alumni Association.
Health and Safety Guidelines for In-Person GradFest
Gradfest will be held in Mabee Ballroom, Ragsdale Center. To enter, you must show your green badge via the Topper Safe app and wear a face covering at all times. Scan into Ragsdale Center with your SEU ID at the west entrance (near Jones Auditorium) or the east entrance (near the university seal). Students driving to campus without a parking pass should register for a GradFest event day-pass for parking.
Join Special Graduation Celebrations
Planning is underway for our virtual graduation affinity ceremonies. Please check back soon for more information and registration details for these special celebrations.