Email is an effective touch point to communicate to a variety of audiences. Learn how to make email work for you that's on brand and aligned with the university.
The university uses Emma, a marketing automation email platform, to communicate with current students. If your office is interested in using Emma, please reach out to us to learn more about setting up your account.
Once your office is set up with an account in Emma, we encourage you to reference the following resources to help you get started:
Branded email templates are available for use. To access a template that best suits your needs:
- Log in to Emma
- Click “Campaigns” in the navigation bar at the top left of the screen
- Click "Create a New Campaign”
- The templates are listed underneath the "My Templates" section
- Templates include "Large Image Template, Medium Image Template, Invite Template and Body Copy & E-signature Template." The latest version of these templates include "Brand Refresh 2020" in their title.
You are welcome to use any of the images from the University Photo Collection in your emails. Please make sure to re-size any photo uploaded to the template and follow image specifications outlined by Emma. You can resize photos in Emma or before uploading using free web tools like Pixlr or PicMonkey. Emma accepts jpg, gif and png files, which should be saved in RGB format. Please note that Emma only accepts non-interlaced png files (if you have trouble saving to the non-interlaced format, please reach out for assistance).
Read this helpful blog post to understand the best image file sizes and formats for your email. Remember, if you need to crop a photo be intentional — do not excessively crop as the frame composition is important to the visual storytelling of the image.
The university’s Emma contract allows for a limited number of contacts. For this reason:
- Alumni and Advancement is the only sub-account with access to the alumni mail list. To communicate with alumni, please work with Sarah Dickens.
- Student Involvement is the only sub-account with access to the parent mail list. If you need to communicate with parents, please work with Abbie O'Neill.
- Any communication to faculty and/or staff should be sent through Workplace.