Promoting university events is an important component of the St. Ed's branded experience. Follow these best practices when promoting your events.
Located in the Ragsdale Center and The Village, digital displays allow campus partners to promote university events and programs to the campus community. If you would like to post on these digital displays, please complete the Digital Display Form. You must provide your own digital poster design.
- Submissions should not contain copyrighted or trademarked material
- Displays should follow the brand visual identity for fonts, colors and logos
- Text should be clear, concise, readable, free of errors and follow the editorial style guide
- Submissions must follow campus policy guidelines, in no way should be discriminatory in nature or violate any laws
Digital displays that do not meet these guidelines will be removed. Please contact us directly to report content issues.
Specifications and Formats
The following digital poster sizes and formats are accepted:
- Horizontal (recommended): 1920 x 1080 pixels / 16:9 aspect ratio / 16" x 9"
- Vertical: 1080 x 1920 pixels / 2:3 aspect ratio / 24" x 36"
- Only JPG files are accepted
Please upload a high-resolution, 300 DPI JPG to achieve the best quality on the display screens.
Newly submitted digital poster submissions using the Digital Display Form are due Friday by 1 p.m. and will be displayed starting the following Monday at 7 a.m. Posters should be submitted no more than two weeks prior to the desired display date and will be removed from rotation on the day after the event.
We use Localist to organize our events calendar page. All events, whether athletic, academic, social or anything else, are displayed on a branded webpage that is consistent with the rest of the website.
When submitting an event, follow these best practices when using photos:
- There are photos available in the Localist image library that we encourage you to add to your events. You can access them by clicking “Choose from Photo Library” when creating your event.
- For additional photos, access images through the university photo library or our Digital Asset Management system, Swivle (use the Comms Ambassador login)
- Do not use copyrighted images. Make sure you don’t use any without explicit permission.
- The default image (or “fallback photo”) is the St. Edward’s logo on a blue background. If you would like a specific department photo instead (for example, the athletic topper for sporting events), reach out to us and we’ll set it up for you.
- When creating your own image or graphic:
- Use a 1:1 ratio, sized to 5000 x 5000 pixels for flexibility. At a minimum, photos should be 940 x 557 pixels in size.
- Avoid too many words or important information coming close to the edges of the image. Localist crops images differently for different calendar views. Test your image after you upload it.
- Follow the brand visual identity for fonts, colors and logos
For other best practices, events help and useful information, refer to these additional guidelines.
Assets such as social media cards, Localist graphics, digital display templates and email headers are included in the Event Promo Template bundle. Read through more information about this template bundle and others.
Photography and Videography
In the event photo/video releases cannot be obtained (due to a large audience), use the Photo/Video Release Statement. This should be displayed and accessible for attendees and used appropriately for the venue and situation (on signage, on an event webpage or included in event emails).