We invite high school students and their families to participate in our Campus Tour Challenge.
The hilltop is the perfect quiet escape from the city. The large green lawns provide a safe space to explore our campus.
So, what is the Campus Tour Challenge?
It’s a chance to take a stroll on the hilltop, completely out in the open air, and learn about spots on campus that contribute to the history and experience of St. Edward’s. On this self-guided tour, you can interact with us through Instagram with personalized gifs and photos.
How do I get started?
- Use the map below to guide yourself around campus.
- Save the sticker GIFs at the bottom of the page to your camera roll.
- When you reach a highlighted spot, snap a picture on your Instagram Stories.
- Open your camera roll and copy the corresponding GIF that aligns with the spot you’ve visited. You can now paste the GIF into your Instagram Stories.
- Don’t forget to tag us in each post @seuadmission! We’re excited to share scenes of you from campus.
Tip: Save this map to your camera roll or print it out for easy access on campus
Are you curious about what spots on campus you’ll be visiting? Read about each stop below:
Climb the steps to the iconic red doors of historic Main Building, and catch an Instagram-worthy view of the Austin skyline.
Holy Cross Plaza and University Seal
The seal represents our Holy Cross heritage. Out of respect for our founders, we walk around, not on, the St. Edward’s University seal.
Plaque of Father Foik
Rub a priest’s nose for good luck. Father Paul Foik, CSC — a former university librarian and professor — is immortalized in a bronze plaque near the Munday Library.
Relax in the shade of the majestic 400-year-old Sorin Oak, named for the university’s founder, Father Edward Sorin, CSC. It’s one of 1,000 trees on campus.
Brothers of Holy Cross Garden
Take a moment at the Brother’s Garden, dedicated in the Spring of 2020 to coincide with the brothers' 200th anniversary.