Our Lady Queen of Peace Chapel
Week Day Mass: 12 p.m.
Sunday Mass: 10:30 a.m. and 9 p.m. (academic year only)
Open Chapel Hours: 9 a.m.-12 p.m. and 6:30-10:30 p.m. Sundays, 8 a.m.-6 p.m. week days
Members of the campus community may access the chapel by using their Hilltopper ID card.
As a worshipping community, we are all called to actively participate in our liturgies through song, prayer, silence and ritual action. Some are called to offer specific service to the community as lectors, ministers of communion, altar servers, music ministers or hospitality ministers.
How can you get involved?
- Lectors proclaim the Scriptures during the Mass.
- Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion help distribute the Body and Blood of Christ during Mass.
- Altar servers assist the celebrant during Mass.
- Any singer or instrumentalist can join the choir of either the 10:30 a.m. or 9 p.m. Mass and practice with his/her respective choir.
- Ministers of hospitality stand at the entrance of the chapel and welcome the assembly as they gather for worship. They also collect the offering in baskets and carry them up to the altar.
Training sessions are held near the beginning of each semester. For more information, contact jstagni [at] stedwards.edu (subject: Liturgical%20Ministry) (Josh Stagni).
Sacramental preparation is a learning process intended to help you understand more about the Catholic faith, whether you’re just asking questions, you’re interested in joining the church, or if you’re already Catholic and want to be confirmed.
- Do you recognize a need for spirituality in your life?
- Do you have questions about the Catholic faith?
- Have you been raised Catholic, but were never confirmed?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then Sacramental Preparation is for you! Every fall semester we will have weekly classes. Those who are already baptized Catholic will then be Confirmed (and receive First Communion, if needed) in December by the Bishop. Those who have been baptized in another Christian church or who have never been baptized will be fully received in the spring semester. For more information, contact jstagni [at] stedwards.edu (subject: Sacramental%20Preparation) (Josh Stagni).
Celebrating this Sacrament of Reconciliation (also known as Confession) is a wonderful way to experience the loving mercy of God.
Sundays, 7-8 p.m. (during fall/spring semesters), or by appointment
Reconciliation Room, Our Lady Queen of Peace Chapel
Please contact peterjw [at] stedwards.edu (subject: Reconciliation) (Fr. Peter Walsh, CSC).
Baptism for Children
Current students, faculty, staff and graduates of St. Edward's University may have their child baptized at Our Lady Queen of Peace Chapel. Baptismal preparation for parents and Godparents is coordinated through St. Ignatius Martyr Catholic Church. For more information, contact peterjw [at] stedwards.edu (subject: Baptism%20at%20Our%20Lady%20Queen%20of%20Peace%20Chapel) (Fr. Peter Walsh, CSC).
Our Lady Queen of Peace Chapel is available for Catholic weddings to current students, faculty, staff and graduates of St. Edward's University. Weddings must be scheduled at least six months in advance. Please contact medinas [at] stedwards.edu (Medina Bills).