Accelerate your career with an MBA
In the Master of Business Administration (MBA) program at St. Edward’s, you’ll build skills that are highly aligned with and sought after in the dynamic business ecosystem of Austin and beyond.
Our MBA program focuses on entrepreneurial thinking, social enterprise, innovation, global collaboration and business analytics — key competencies industry leaders tell us are needed in today’s business world. As part of your coursework, you’ll go out into the community to work with organizations on consulting projects that address their strategic business needs. You’ll also learn from business leaders we bring to campus. And our partnerships with organizations, such as Capital Factory, open opportunities for networking and internships.
You’ll explore ways to:
- Leverage technology in all areas of business to improve outcomes
- Collect, analyze and apply complex data for optimized decision-making
- Develop strategies and programs maximizing new and evolving marketing channels
- Transform continuous change and disruption into meaningful innovation and growth
- Integrate business goals with corporate responsibility and ethics
Courses are offered in a flexible, low-residency structure that accommodates your career and personal life. You'll have the flexibility of choosing how fast you want to complete your MBA, adapting the program to fit your personal needs.
MBA graduates will:
- Manage and lead through effective communication and collaboration with stakeholders.
- Use quantitative data to develop business opportunities in a dynamic and digital world.
- Analyze the local and global environment to formulate business solutions.
- Apply critical reasoning to ethical and societal issues to ensure responsible actions that reflect corporate social responsibility.
- Leverage technology in all areas of business to improve decisions and achieve desired outcomes.
MBA graduates go on to apply their knowledge and skills in key roles in Austin and beyond. Earning your MBA in Austin provides many advantages. It's one of the fastest growing cities in the country and is home to promising startups and iconic corporations such as Apple, Google, Facebook, Intel, Qualcomm, and IBM and recruiting new talent. Austin is known for its vibrant and eclectic culture which nurtures a strong creative industry. This provides unparalleled opportunities, such as the SXSW conference, which attracts some of the most innovative companies and iconic creative leaders on a global scale.
An MBA degree can open up new doors for graduates, and it's a requirement for advancing in some careers. This is generally true in fields such as investment banking and management consulting.
For Daniel Hawthorne ’08, MBA ’12, an MBA helped him better navigate the corporate world. He's now a Senior Data Protection Specialist at Dell, after being promoted quicker than anyone else in his division’s history. He also holds the record in many sales categories. Daniel is able to incorporate his dedication to service by serving on the board of GenNext, a Dell young professionals group focusing on social responsibility and business readiness.
Outside the Classroom
As part of the coursework, MBA students connect with the Austin business community to work with organizations on consulting projects that address strategic business needs. They also learn from business leaders we bring to campus. Our partnerships with organizations such as Capital Factory open opportunities for networking and internships.
The engaging learning environment at St. Edward's University provides opportunities for interaction with:
- Professors who have years of practical experience in their fields
- Peers who can share professional insights
- Visiting speakers from diverse business sectors