More than 50% of CAMP students at St. Edward’s University rank in the top 25% of their graduating class. Like many at St. Edward’s, they are often high academic achievers who welcome the chance to find their true calling — be it entrepreneur, marketer, writer, scientist or advocate for workers' rights. Still, grades and test scores alone do not confirm a good fit. From that starting point, our admission team begins to learn about you.

CAMP Eligibility

To be eligible for the College Assistance Migrant Program at St. Edward's, you must be a U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident, perform migrant or seasonal farm work due to economic necessity and meet the university's admission requirements.

You, your parents or your guardians must have engaged in migrant or seasonal farm work for at least 75 days in the 24 months before you apply for admission. Because CAMP is funded by both the U.S. Department of Education and St. Edward's, we follow federal definitions for migrant and seasonal farm work:

  • Migrant Work – Migrant farm workers migrate from their hometowns to other states or towns within the state for farm-work-related employment. Examples of farm work include soil preparation, planting, harvesting fruit and vegetables, and plowing. Some ranch work, such as feeding livestock and shearing sheep, and some fishing activity may also be used for eligibility purposes.
  • Seasonal Farm Work – Seasonal farm workers are families who perform the same type of work as described under migrant work but on a temporary basis.

You may also be eligible for CAMP if you meet one of these criteria:

  • Have participated or been eligible to participate in the Title 1C Migrant Education Program
  • Have qualified for the Workforce Investment Act 167 Program (WIA 167), formerly the JTPA 402 Program High School Equivalency Program (HEP)