Your experience matters. The St. Edward’s University Career Network fosters connections between current St. Edward’s students and professionals like you.
As a Career Network Advisor, you will guide students or fellow alumni by: sharing professional expertise and advice, providing personal experiences and insight, helping them consider different career options, and highlighting professional skills you have found most useful. Advisors also encourage students to network with other professionals and educate them on available networking options.
What is expected of me?
As an online advisor, we ask that you:
- Provide students and fellow alumni with advice on careers, industries/industry trends and organizations within your area of expertise
- Respond in a timely, professional, and appropriate fashion to inquiries
- Keep contact and career information updated
- Feel free to limit the number of contacts in a time period
- Refer students and alumni to Career & Professional Development to receive additional advising as you see fit
As an online advisor, you are NOT expected to:
- Provide job opportunities
- Review resumes
- Review business venture proposals
- Interview students or participate in extended communication over time
- Recruit students or alumni for open positions at your place of employment
- Fill out the form – Take two minutes to fill out our online interest form
- Add to your Linkedin profile – Add “St. Edward’s Career Network Advisor” designation under your Volunteer Experience (Click here to learn how)
- Join the group on LinkedIn: St. Edward’s University Career Network Advisors
- Respond to LinkedIn Messages/Connection Notifications/Emails as you receive them
New to LinkedIn?
LinkedIn is a great resource for you to identify and reach out to St. Edward’s alumni and create valuable connections. If you are new to LinkedIn, here are resources for getting started: