BSS Interdisciplinary Scholars Minor
The Interdisciplinary Scholars Minor is designed to expose students to a diverse range of interdisciplinary studies within the BSS curriculum. Study objectives are predominantly focused on the BSS pillars; Global Understanding and Perspectives, Social Justice and Diversity, and Critical Thinking. This framework offers unique insights into the complex, critical issues commonly addressed by BSS disciplines.
Accepted students work with a program advisor to develop individualized coursework.
For more information please contact Dr. Mity Myhr, program advisor, via email.
- Complete five ISM courses in residence across three distinct disciplines. This includes the BSS Interdisciplinary Research Methods course.
- Take at least one course from each of the designated areas of emphasis.
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 3.50 in the ISP Minor, with a minimum grade of B in each course.
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Complete IBSS 4350 Interdisciplinary Research Methods course.
- Present a final thesis at the BSS ISP Symposium.
- You must be a full-time undergraduate student.
- You must be a current sophomore.
- You must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
You may choose three BSS majors:
- Criminal Justice
- Environmental Science and Policy
- Global Studies
- Political Science
- Social Work
Applications are Accepted on a Rolling Basis
Applicants are strongly encouraged to discuss their ISM course plans with their academic advisors prior to registration. All application materials should be submitted online through the link: ISP Application.