BSS Interdisciplinary Scholars Minor
The Interdisciplinary Scholars Minor is designed to expose students to a diverse range of interdisciplinary studies within the BSS curriculum. Study objectives are predominantly focused on the BSS pillars; Global Understanding and Perspectives, Social Justice and Diversity, and Critical Thinking. This framework offers unique insights into the complex, critical issues commonly addressed by BSS disciplines.
Accepted students work with a program advisor to develop individualized coursework which will culminate in an interdisciplinary research project focused on a topic of interest to the student.
For more information please contact Dr. Mity Myhr, program advisor, via email. mitylenm [at] stedwards.edu
- Students complete 18 hours of courses in residence across three distinct disciplines. This includes the BSS Interdisciplinary Research Methods course. These courses will be selected in consultation with academic advisors and the program advisor.
- Students will take at least one course from each of the designated areas of emphasis.
- Students will maintain a minimum GPA of 3.50 in the Minor, with a minimum grade of B in each course.
- Students will maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Students will complete IBSS 4350 Interdisciplinary Research Methods course.
- Students will present their research project at the BSS Interdisciplinary Scholars Symposium..
- You must be a full-time undergraduate student.
- You must be a current sophomore.
- You must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
Applications are Accepted on a Rolling Basis
Applicants are strongly encouraged to discuss their ISM course plans with their academic advisors prior to registration. All application materials should be submitted online through the link: ISP Application.