Student Recognition in Research
The BSS Student Research Award provides recognition and financial support to the research efforts of current BSS students.
During the selection process, preference will be given to junior and senior standing students. However, multiple awards may be made based upon the applicant pool. Award recipients should submit documentation of paid expenses in order to receive reimbursement for travel, food, lodging, and presentation materials costs.
Dates and Deadlines
Fall 2018 Award Cycle: Check Back for More Details
- Faculty nominations due via email (date to be determined)
- Faculty may nominate 2 students maximum.
- Faculty members may not nominate on behalf of others to avoid this limit.
- Completed applications due via the webform submission on the BSS website by 5pm on (date to be determined)
- Decisions made by (date to be determined)
- Notification of awards via SEU email by (date to be determined)
- Application Requirements
Please be sure to include the following before submission:
- Description of completed research
- Include dates, sites/resources utilized, parties involved, purpose of research, conclusions, grounds for further research
- Long-term plans (ex: graduate school, future research, etc.)
- Total estimated cost for presentation of research
- Conference fees, travel, food, lodging and presentation materials costs
- Research presentation format (ex: poster session, formal presentation, publication, etc.)
- Supplemental information (ex: letter of acceptance, letter of submission, etc.)