Student Recognition in Research
The BSS Student Research Award provides recognition and financial support to the research efforts of current BSS students.
During the selection process, preference will be given to junior and senior standing students. However, multiple awards may be made based upon the applicant pool. Award recipients should submit documentation of paid expenses in order to receive reimbursement for travel, food, lodging, and presentation materials costs.
Dates and Deadlines
Spring Award Cycle: SP'18 are now Open
- Faculty nominations due via email reply to call for nominations 5:00 pm on Monday, December 18
- Faculty may nominate 2 students maximum.
- Faculty members may not nominate on behalf of others to avoid this limit.
- Completed applications due via the webform submission on the BSS website by 5pm on Friday, January 26, 2018
- Decisions made by Friday, February 9, 2018
- Notification of awards via SEU email by Friday, February 16, 2018
- Application Requirements
See sample proposal for reference here.
Please be sure to include the following before submission:
- Description of completed research
- Include dates, sites/resources utilized, parties involved, purpose of research, conclusions, grounds for further research
- Long-term plans (ex: graduate school, future research, etc.)
- Total estimated cost for presentation of research
- Conference fees, travel, food, lodging and presentation materials costs
- Research presentation format (ex: poster session, formal presentation, publication, etc.)
- Supplemental information (ex: letter of acceptance, letter of submission, etc.)