Earn your MSBA online.
Learn to read data from a people-centered school. Numbers are important but so are the people behind them. By learning Business Analytics from The Bill Munday School of Business at St. Edward’s University, you are preparing yourself to think critically, to analyze problems and to make responsible and strategic decisions, all through a lens of moral reasoning and ethics that is unique to St. Edward’s University.
The faculty at St. Edward’s work to strike the ideal balance between theoretical and practical skills. They will teach you to collect data, analyze it and then forecast the future. You will learn to be descriptive, diagnostic, predictive and prescriptive through real-world case studies from across a number of sectors and functional areas of business. Our faculty care about your success and they do their best to equip you with the tools you need to navigate complex scenarios where data analysis can be utilized to the benefit of customers, employees, and the enterprise.
Analyze your career possibilities with a master's in business analytics from St. Edward's. Earning an MSBA can create and enhance an array of career opportunities. Graduates of the program are well-positioned for roles including:
- Management Analyst
- Operations Research Analyst
- Marketing Analyst
- Data Scientist
- Principal or Senior Data Analyst
Austin, Texas is a great place for business professionals to network, connect and drive up their individual growth. It is a world-class city ranked the #1 fastest growing city with the most job opportunities—this creates great opportunities for our business students!
For detailed descriptions, please request a Program Overview.
The online MSBA program is a 30-credit hour program that can be completed in 18 months while working full-time. Courses are offered in a 7-week accelerated online format and taken one at a time. The program culminates with a Final Project Capstone.
- Intro to Business Analytics and R
- Data Summarization and Visualization
- Python for Business Analytics
- Big Data and Database Management
- Inferential Statistics
- Predictive Analysis
- Simulation Modeling
- Artificial Intelligence
- Optimization Modeling
- Business Analytics Practicum
Our MSBA program prepares students for what companies are looking for and will teach students to analyze historical data to look for trends and patterns, diagnose problems, forecast and predict future outcomes and help model scenarios to make data-driven decisions. As graduates of this program, students will:
- Be capable of translating a problem or opportunity described by a layperson to a technical model formulation.
- Have the ability to identify the appropriate analytical tool(s) for a particular objective.
- Know how to execute the most often-used methods for descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive business analysis.
- Be capable of applying analytics to a variety of business functions at different levels for decision making.
- Understand how business analytics contribute to the decision-making process by producing clear courses of action for consideration.
- Be fluent in Tableau, Python, R, Power BI, SQL, Arena
The Bill Munday School of Business delivers programs that intentionally leverage the vibrant Austin business environment. Programs and content are grounded in five pillars that capture the essence of the dynamic Austin business ecosystem—entrepreneurial thinking, innovation management, business analytics, social enterprise, and global collaboration. This framework provides a foundation for tackling the world's largest problems.
Austin, Texas is also a great place for business professionals to network, connect and drive up their individual growth. It is a world-class city ranked the #1 fastest growing city with the most job opportunities—this creates great opportunities for our business students!
SEU’s online MSBA is accessible to students with all academic backgrounds. A background in advanced math or computer programming is not required. You can learn something new, and build on what you know, without intimidation.
HOW TO APPLY
All applicants for the online MSBA must hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. International applicants may be required to submit a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score to demonstrate English proficiency.
To start an application, follow these steps:
- St. Edward’s University application for admission. The admissions application for the online MSBA can be completed online here https://stedwards.elluciancrmrecruit.com/admissions/pages/welcome.aspx. You will need to create and validate an account before beginning the application.
- Official transcripts from all institutions attended. St. Edward’s University prefers transcripts to be submitted electronically. If your undergraduate institution does not provide electronic transcripts, please have official transcripts mailed to: St. Edward’s University Office of Admissions 3001 South Congress Austin, TX 78704-6489.
- Submit a personal statement. Please use the personal statement to describe your background and interests and to explain why you wish to pursue your online MSBA. Please also include some information on your post-graduation goals.
- Additional Requirements for International Students or permanent resident applicants. Foreign applicants may be required to submit scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) to demonstrate proficiency in English sufficient to successfully complete the program.
NOTE: The GRE and/or other standardized admissions tests are not required for admission.
The Bill Munday School of Business at St. Edward’s University uses a rolling admissions process to evaluate each candidate. Applicants should be expected to be contacted within two business days of their finalized application regarding next steps, and the Admissions Committee should make their decision within two weeks.