Feb. 3, 2016
St. Edward's University now has 21 international partners in 16 countries, adding new partners in Costa Rica and Austria. During the past academic year, international partnerships also were established in Australia, Switzerland, Taiwan and Italy.
Our global community also is reflected in the students who originate from 45 states, 54 countries and speak 28 languages.
The new partners are:
Management Center Innsbruck (MCI), Innsbruck, Austria
Founded in 1995, MCI offers undergraduate, graduate and executive level degrees. In 2014, it was voted the "Best University in Austria" by the Universum Student Survey.
Organization for Tropical Studies (OTS), Costa Rica
OTS is the leading institution in studying tropical biology, offering degrees for undergraduates, graduates and students interested in studying natural resources. Founded in 1963, OTS also has research stations in the Caribbean and Pacific lowlands and on Costa Rica's southern Pacific slope.
International partner universities added last year:
University of Notre Dame Australia, in Fremantle, Broome and Sydney
Founded in 1989 through the Act of the Parliament of Western Australia, Notre Dame is a leader higher education with more than 11,000 students enrolled across three campuses in Fremantle, Sydney and Broome.
James Cook University, Queensland, Australia
Established in 1970, James Cook University is dedicated to creating better futures for tropical life, and researches marine sciences, biodiversity, tropical ecology and environments, among others, in under-served populations.
Franklin University Switzerland, Lugano Switzerland
Franklin University emphasizes cross-cultural learning that encourages students to engage with the world. They are a private, independent university founded in 1969.
Fu Jen Catholic University, New Taipei City, Taiwan (R.O.C.)
Boasting more than 2,000 international students and 300 partner universities, Fu Jen Catholic University was founded by the Holy See in Beijing in 1925, then rebuilt in 1961 in Taiwan. It's also one of the oldest non-degree Chinese language learning centers in Taiwan.
The Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Milan, Italy
With more than 41,000 students in 12 schools, Università Cattolica has more than 200 Italian programs ranging from international business, agricultural economics and medicine.
The complete list of international partner universities:
- Université Catholique de l'Ouest (UCO) in Angers, France
- Asia Pacific University in Beppu, Japan
- Catholic University of Korea in Seoul, South Korea
- Katholische Universität Eichstätt-Ingolstadt in Eichstätt, Germany
- Hochschule Koblenz in Koblenz, Germany
- Paris L'Institut Supérieur de Gestion in Paris, France
- Queen Margaret University in Edinburgh, Scotland
- Tecnológico de Monterrey, with programs throughout Mexico
- Chinese University of Hong Kong, Wu Yee Sun College
- Universidad Adolfo Ibáñez, Viña del Mar, Chile
- Universidad Argentina de la Empresa, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Universitat Jaume I, Castello de la Plana, Spain
- Universidad Pontificia Comillas, Madrid, Spain
- Universidad Técnica Federico Santa Maria in Valparaiso, Chile
- University of Notre Dame Australia, in Fremantle, Broome and Sydney
- James Cook University, Queensland, Australia
- Franklin University Switzerland, Lugano Switzerland
- Fu Jen Catholic University, New Taipei City, Taiwan (R.O.C.)
- Management Center Innsbruck (MCI), Innsbruck, Austria
- Organization for Tropical Studies (OTS), Costa Rica