Feb. 23, 2021
AUSTIN, Texas - Updated at 1:30 p.m. on Tuesday, February 23
St. Edward’s University will resume remote and in-person classes and operations at 8:00 a.m. on Wednesday, February 24.
We recognize that some members of our community may still be significantly impacted by the storm and may be unable to resume tomorrow as scheduled. Should this be case in your situation, please see the following:
- Please consult with your supervisor regarding return to work
- Please consult with your Dean or supervisor
- Please work with your appropriate faculty member(s). We also encourage you to check in with the Student Success Center or your Success Coach.
EMERGENCY SUPPORT FOR STUDENTS
- Students can apply for emergency assistance, and community members can submit a Student of Concern form for any student (undergraduate or graduate) experiencing an emergency. Examples of emergencies include assistance with technology needs, rent, utilities, food and other essential household expenses. Learn more about support and resources for student emergencies.
STUDENTS’ WELLBEING AND MENTAL HEALTH
- Student wellness and wellbeing activities are operating normal hours. Please visit www.stedwards.edu/recreation-wellness for details and follow Recreation & Wellness social media channels for updates. As a reminder, COVID-19 protocols are still in place, and require students secure a reservation for all RecWell activities. Visit www.imleagues.com/SEU OR the RecWell Task Center on MyHilltop to reserve a spot now. Students experiencing a state of mental health crisis can contact an on-call counselor to get connected with crisis resources on campus by calling the Health and Counseling Center’s main number during business hours at (512) 448-8538. For after hours support, please call UPD at (512) 448-8444 to connect with the counselor on call. When calling after hours, simply let UPD dispatch know that you are in crisis and would like to speak to the counselor on call. This is a confidential resource available to St. Edward’s students only.
STUDENT SUCCESS CENTER and STUDENT FINANCIAL SERVICES (VIRTUAL SUPPORT)
- Student Success Coaches and the Student Financial Aid Counselors virtual front desk will be available on Tuesday, Feb. 23 until 4 p.m.
ON-CAMPUS DINING (Limited service availability):
- Hunt Hall Cafe is open daily from 10 a.m. until 7 p.m.
- The Meadow Coffeeshop (Jo’s) will be open Wednesday, Feb. 24 through Friday, Feb. 26 from 8 a.m. until 8 p.m. Weekend hours on Saturday and Sunday will be from 10 a.m. until 8 p.m.
- Grab & Goat closed through Friday, February 26. Service is tentatively scheduled for Saturday, Feb. 28 and Sunday, Feb. 28 from 10 a.m. until 7 p.m.
DONATIONS AND SUPPORT
- All donations to the Hilltoppers Overcoming Obstacles Fund to help students are greatly appreciated.
- COVID surveillance testing will resume on Wednesday, February 24th; there is no need to reschedule past appointments. Please use the MyTruthPortal to schedule appointments on or after Wednesday, February 24. Those required to test only need to complete one test this week.