Aug. 14, 2020
AUSTIN, Texas — Starting this fall, St. Edward’s University students, faculty, and staff can now add their student IDs to their iPhone, Apple Watch or Android phones to conveniently, safely, and securely access facilities, residence halls and more, as well as pay for dining, vending and retail both on and off campus. St. Edward’s is the first university in Texas to offer the Transact Mobile Credential.
With mobile student IDs, St. Edward’s University students can complete any action that would have previously required a physical ID card by simply placing their iPhone, Apple Watch, or Android phone near enabled readers on and off campus.
St. Edward’s University will also have the ability to issue (and manage) mobile student IDs quickly and remotely to students’ mobile devices.
To facilitate transactions and ensure a secure environment, the university is already leveraging Transact’s NFC-ready equipment that are currently in place at residence hall entrances, and shops like Jo’s Coffee to read the mobile ID.
The St. Edward’s community can use mobile student IDs at the following locations both on and off campus:
• Bon Appétit locations: South Congress Market, Hunt Hall Café, The Huddle, Grab & Goat
• Jo's locations: Meadows Coffeehouse, Doyle Café
• Vending Machines
• CVS Pharmacy at 2101 S. Lamar Blvd.
• HEA Cafe at 500 E. Ben White #D200
• Chili's at 701 E. Stassney Lane
• Southside Flying Pizza at 2206 S. Congress
• Cabo Bob's Burritos at 530 E. Ben White
• Con Madre Kitchen at 628 E. Oltorf
• Plaza Columbian Coffee located on 3842 S. Congress Ave.
Mobile student IDs are available on iPhone (running iOS 12 or later), Apple Watch (running watchOS 5 or later), or Android phones with 6.0.
Get Started by checking out the Mobile Credential How-tos .
Questions? See our in-depth Mobile Credential Q&As.