Alumni Make a Difference at St. Edward’s
The St. Edward’s University Alumni Association is a family of more than 25,000 graduates. Alumni support the hilltop through service throughout Texas and across the country. We are grateful to the hundreds of alumni who volunteer each year, positively impacting the university with their time and talents. Our 2019–2020 alumni volunteers are featured in our Honor Roll of Volunteers.
Admission Volunteers assist the Office of Admission by representing St. Edward's University at local high school college fairs all over the country, where they staff tables and answer questions from prospective students and their parents. Admission volunteers can also help by contacting prospective students on behalf of St. Edward’s, hosting recruitment events, or referring prospective students for admission.
Share knowledge and insights with students by volunteering your time to be a guest speaker or panelist for various St. Edward’s University organizations. You can also hire a St. Edward's University student, create an internship opportunity, write career-related blogs or provide a job shadowing experience. For more information, please contact Araceli Perez-Ramos in Career and Professional Development at email@example.com.
Career Volunteers share their on-the-job knowledge and insights with current students and/or young alumni. Volunteers are invited to be guest speakers or panelists for university programs, or can volunteer to talk one-on-one with a current student or young alumnus about their career experience.
Career Volunteers can also help current students by creating an internship opportunity, hiring them for employment, or providing a job shadow experience.
Class Reunion Ambassadors
Serve on your milestone reunion committee for Homecoming and Family Weekend. Help plan your reunion event and encourage classmates to attend Homecoming and participate in the Love Blue Give Gold social media fundraising campaign. Learn more about Reunion Ambassadors.
Special Event Host
Host a regional event that promotes the university’s initiatives. Assist in the planning and execution of the event. Regional events are special opportunities to bring together prospective students, their families and St. Edward’s University alumni. Events are coordinated with the assistance of university staff.
Regional Alumni Chapter Volunteers
Serve as the primary contact for alumni in your local community. Work with university staff to create opportunities for alumni to connect with each other at service and social events throughout the year.
- Coordinate regular chapter activities that engage a broad spectrum of alumni in the region
- Serve as a liaison between local alumni and the Alumni and Parent Programs Office
- Participate in promoting chapter events to drive attendance
- Participate in idea-sharing opportunities with other chapter volunteers, facilitated by the Alumni and Parent Programs Office
- Contributing annually. Level of giving is not set, but determined by each member's ability to contribute.
Alumni Board Volunteer
Highly engaged and motivated volunteers may be nominated to serve on the Alumni Board, nurturing a lifelong connection to the St. Edward’s community for current and future alumni. Members are selected to hold the position based on demonstrated involvement, support and commitment to St. Edward’s University.
- Serving actively on board committees and task forces.
- Advocating for St. Edward’s University and the Alumni Association.
- Identifying, cultivating and nominating talented alumni for the Alumni Board of Directors and alumni recognition
- Volunteering and engaging with your local alumni community and encouraging other alumni to engage and take active roles
- Assisting the university and the Alumni Association in identifying and implementing programs that will enhance the student experience
- Contributing annually. Level of giving is not set, but determined by each member's ability to contribute