The Alumni Association is ready to help you build a rewarding and enduring relationship with St. Ed’s.
Participate in activities, both in-person and online
• Attend family-friendly events like the Hilltopper Holiday Mingle (meet Santa), Hoppy on the Hilltop (hunt for Easter eggs with Topper) or an Austin FC game.
• Learn a new skill in the Hilltop Learning Series (topics include cooking and yoga; take one or teach one) or show off your knowledge at Topper Trivia Night.
• Share your expert adulting skills with new grads in the virtual Alumni Leveling Up Series sponsored by University Federal Credit Union. Watch past sessions on the Alumni Association’s YouTube channel.
• Return to campus for Homecoming, Reunions and the Alumni Honors Ceremony.
• Cheer on your Hilltoppers as they compete on campus or away. Check Hilltopper Athletics for your favorite team’s schedule — you can even livestream select games.
Being engaged with St. Ed’s excites and inspires me to stay connected to the faculty, staff and administrators and has generated many alumni connections who have expanded my involvement in Houston and in different projects on campus.—Lauren Hill ’15
Six ways to get started
1. Attend a college fair with a representative from the Office of Admission and share your St. Ed’s experience with prospective students.
2. Mentor a current student. Impart your professional expertise, give advice on industry trends and discuss skill sets needed for success.
3. Share what you know at an on-campus career panel or a Topper Career Talk.
4. Encourage a current student to apply for an experiential learning opportunity at your workplace.
5. Get involved with your local alumni chapter — Austin, Dallas, Denver, Houston and San Antonio — or regional network.
6. Become a Class Reunion ambassador. Your efforts can help create a meaningful return to the hilltop for you and your classmates.
I want to continue to see St. Edward’s grow and be a top university. Because the university played such a crucial role in my development, I want to give back so other students can enjoy St. Ed’s as much as I did.—Juan Carlos Rodriguez Jr. ’98
Give your TREASURE to support and sustain
Your financial support is essential to keeping a St. Edward’s education affordable and accessible for all students. Gifts of all sizes ensure the promise of a Holy Cross education.
Show Your Gratitude
Contribute to the St. Edward’s Fund during the annual Thanks(for)Giving campaign in November in thanks for your own growth and development through a Holy Cross education. Gifts are multiplied through challenge grants and matching funds.
Keep It Near and Dear
Support a cause that’s meaningful to you, such as the Alumni Association Endowed Scholarship, your school’s excellence fund, or a scholarship fund that honors a beloved faculty or staff member.
Pay It Forward
Establish an endowment to provide permanent support for scholarships, professorships, department chairs or student research.
Ask your employer to match your gift; shop through AmazonSmile with St. Ed’s as the charitable beneficiary; advocate for grants from outside organizations; and encourage your classmates to give.
I have chosen St. Edward’s as the primary recipient of my philanthropy because the university is an excellent steward of my resources and supports the values in education that are critical to me: Nurturing the whole student in the Holy Cross tradition of not educating the mind at the expense of the heart.—Angelique Montgomery-Goodnough MLA ’06