Propel your career forward with an M.S. in Accounting Analytics.
Designed to embrace the digital transformation facing accounting professionals today, the Master of Science in Accounting Analytics at St. Edward’s University is built to prepare accounting professionals to sit for the CPA exam* and propel them into executive level roles in accounting and finance.
The M.S. in Accounting Analytics provides graduates with high demand skills and higher earning potential when compared to traditional graduate accounting programs and accountants without a master’s degree. The program includes two specialization tracks, Audit and Financial Reporting, and the curriculum is based on the AICPA CPA Exam Blueprint and meets Texas State Board of Public Accountancy (TSBPA) qualifications.*
* Licensure requirements vary by state and students should consult with their state’s licensing boards.
For detailed descriptions, please request a Program Overview.
The online M.S. in Accounting Analytics is a 30-credit hour program designed to be completed in only 16 months. The program curriculum features two specialization tracks to choose from, Audit and Financial Reporting. Courses are a blend of live online sessions and asynchronous coursework, providing flexibility to students while still allowing them to get to know their classmates and grow their professional networks. All courses are taught by St. Edward's University's world class faculty who are committed to your success.
Accounting Theory & Research
Cases in Cost Accounting
Business Law for Accountants
In the audit specialization track, students will take:
Audit Analytics & Technology
Fraud & Forensic Accounting
Financial Statement Analysis
In the Financial Reporting specialization track, students will take:
Financial Statement Analysis
Students may select alternate electives from a mix of Accounting or MBA courses to meet individual state CPA exam requirements. Licensure requirements vary by state and students should consult with their state’s licensing boards.
The M.S. in Accounting Analytics prepares students to take on virtual accounting environments and unstructured accounting big data, solving business problems by constructing meaning out of vast amounts of data. Students will learn to:
- Identify and evaluate issues that require the application of professional judgment by conducting professional research
- Evaluate financial data and apply relevant professional standards to resolve financial reporting issues of U.S. business entities
- Apply knowledge of tax laws for planning and compliance purposes
- Use accounting data to identify anomalies and trends to better understand a company, identify areas of potential risk, and determine where further investigation may be needed
- Evaluate an accounting ethical dilemma by correctly identifying the key stakeholders and appropriately applying an ethical framework to assist them deciding what action should be taken
The Bill Munday School of Business delivers an impactful education that connects students with the marketplace and prepares them for today’s dynamic business environment. MSB curriculum and programs all reflect five pillars of the Austin business scene: entrepreneurial thinking, social enterprise, innovation management, global collaboration, and business analytics. All full-time faculty are CPAs with professional experience working in accounting, and all adjunct professors are currently employed in the field.
Applicants for the online M.S. in Accounting Analytics must hold a bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business from a regionally accredited college or university (or appropriate international equivalent). Students with a Business undergraduate degree may have additional prerequisite accounting courses.
The GMAT, GRE and/or other standardized admissions tests are not required. However, foreign applicants may be required to demonstrate English language proficiency needed to successfully complete the program.
Supplementary materials for the application include your current resume, personal statement expressing your interest and goals for the program and transcripts from all institutions previously attended.
HOW TO APPLY
To start an application, follow these steps:
- Complete your application for admission. The application can be completed online here https://stedwards.elluciancrmrecruit.com/admissions/pages/welcome.aspx. You will need to create and validate an account before beginning the application.
- Submit official transcripts from all institutions attended. St. Edward’s University prefers transcripts to be submitted electronically. If your undergraduate institution does not provide electronic transcripts, please have official transcripts mailed to: St. Edward’s University Office of Admissions 3001 South Congress Austin, TX 78704-6489.
- Submit a personal statement. Please use the personal statement to describe your background and interests and to explain why you wish to pursue your online M.S. in Accounting Analytics. Please also include some information on your post-graduation goals.
- Submit your current résumé.
- International students or permanent residents may be required to submit scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) to demonstrate proficiency in English sufficient to successfully complete the program.
NOTE: The GMAT, GRE and/or other standardized admissions tests are not required for admission.
The Bill Munday School of Business at St. Edward’s University uses a rolling admissions process to evaluate each candidate. Applicants should be expected to be contacted within two business days of their finalized application regarding next steps, and the Admissions Committee should make their decision within two weeks.
TUITION & FINANCING
The online M.S. in Accounting Analytics is a smart investment. Total tuition is $37,260* and includes all course fees. Tuition does not include books, comprehensive fees or other course materials. Once accepted to the program, students are required to submit a $500 non-refundable tuition deposit. Deposits are applied towards the total tuition costs and secure your place in the upcoming class.
The St. Edward’s University Financial Aid office provides information about financial aid opportunities available to graduate students. Please visit our financial aid page or call us at (512) 368-9577 if you are interested in learning additional details.
*Tuition is subject to change at the discretion of the St. Edward’s University Board of Trustees.