St. Edward’s University is home to a vibrant faculty community of highly talented and dedicated individuals.
Our faculty members are teachers, mentor-scholars and researchers who challenge students to grow intellectually and as human beings.
Faculty Resources for Spring 2022
To help faculty prepare for teaching in this new environment, the Center for Teaching Excellence and the Office of Information Technology will continue to offer guidance and host workshops to help faculty develop and teach fall courses, whether they are face-to-face, hybrid or online, as well as prepare for the possible contingency of going remote again.
To help keep track of events and information, we offer the following resources:
- Google Drive archive of recordings and slides for all CTE and Instructional Technology co-hosted events, as well as additional curated resources.
- Shared Google Calendar with all events related to teaching support, which you can add to your own calendar. Please subscribe to the Teaching Support Events calendar and RSVP to upcoming events. Note: You must subscribe with your St. Edward’s Gmail account.
- Teaching Forum Closed Workplace Group for faculty to promote conversation and sharing so we can help each other prepare.
- OIT Support: Search the knowledge base for answers to common university technology questions and directions on how to use academic technology tools. Use the contact form to submit a ticket for problems, questions you can't resolve on your own, or to request a consultation with Instructional Technology Staff about teaching online or using technology.
- Munday Library: Access over 700,000 e-books, an abundance of databases, thousands of scholarly journals, information about interlibrary loans (ILL) and more.
As additional reminders, each event will be posted to the university calendar and to Workplace a few days in advance of the workshop. We hope this approach is helpful to you as we try to manage our summer course design processes and fall teaching.
The University Prepares for Spring 2022
Learn more about how St. Edward’s is planning to welcome students, faculty and staff back to campus for the 2021–2022 academic year.
University Program Review
St. Edward’s University’s University Program Review (UPR) is a continuous improvement process required by the university’s SACS-COC regional accreditor. SACS-COC expects that the university is regularly undertaking a holistic review of how programs, both academic and non-academic, align with broader institutional goals. St. Edward’s university program review will analyze each program’s alignment to mission, market, and margin. Initially, the program review’s focus for academic programs will be on majors, although minors will be included as supplemental information.
Faculty Development Resources
All contracted faculty are members of the Faculty Collegium. The collegium generally meets once a semester and is a forum for faculty to be informed of developments on campus and for discussion of issues of interest or concern. Most faculty business is conducted by the Faculty Senate. The senate is elected, with representation from each School, undergraduate and graduate, and the Library, as well as some members elected at large.
Instructional Technology Support
Resources for Teaching and Advising
- Academic Bulletins
- Student Advisor Link (SAL) Support Center
- Center for Teaching Excellence
- Navigating Careers in the Liberal Arts (QEP)
- Office of Fellowships
- Symposium of Undergraduate Research and Creative Expression (SOURCE)
- Writing Center Help for Faculty
Additional Faculty Resources
Every effort has been made to provide current and correct information. The university reserves the right to make exceptions to the terms and provisions of the Faculty Manual in appropriate circumstances.
- Intent to Apply for Promotion and/or Tenure Smartsheet form (Due by May 31)
- Application for Promotion and/or Tenure (Submit with portfolio)
- Computer Purchasing - Faculty Refresh Guidelines
- Council of Deans Meeting Minutes
- Don't Cancel Class Form
- Faculty Candidate Expenses
- Faculty Departure Checklist
- 21-22 Department Chairs and Program Directors Listing