Heads up, Hilltoppers! March is the time to review courses with your success coach/faculty advisor, and April 6–9 is the time to register for your Summer/Fall 2021 courses. Freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors are assigned specific days to register (see below). Follow these important steps to make sure you’re ready for classes this fall.
Advising for Summer and Fall 2021 classes begins March 1. During the month of March, follow these steps to ensure you are able to register on your assigned day in April:
STEP 1: Review Degree Works and identify courses needed to meet your degree plan.
STEP 2: Schedule your advising appointment(s) to discuss your plan and receive your PIN.
- Freshmen – Get advised by your success coach to receive your PIN.
- Sophomores – Get pre-advised by your success coach and meet with your faculty advisor to discuss your plan and receive your PIN.
- Juniors – Get advised by your faculty advisor to receive your PIN. If possible, we encourage you to connect with your success coach to be pre-advised.
- Seniors – Get advised by your faculty advisor to receive your PIN. If possible, we encourage you to connect with your success coach to be pre-advised.
*Not sure who your success coach/faculty advisor is? Your success team is listed in Degree Works.
STEP 3: Check for registration holds in myHilltop (for example: from Student Financial Services or the Registrar). You must take care of any holds before you can register.
STEP 4: Review your assigned registration day (between April 6–9) in myHilltop.
Registration for Summer and Fall 2021 classes begins April 6–9. Follow these steps to get registered:
Note: Your registration status may not be the same as your classification. To determine your assigned day, go to Prepare for Registration in myHilltop. Then, select the upcoming semester and view your class standing for registration purposes. Then, reference the schedule to determine your day for registration:
- Tuesday, April 6 – Seniors (not graduating May 2021)
- Wednesday, April 7 – Juniors
- Thursday, April 8 – Sophomores
- Friday, April 9 – Freshmen
STEP 2: If you experience unexpected issues when registering on your day, please visit the Virtual Registration Quick Fix. The following offices will provide academic and technical support to clear barriers and help you register: Student Financial Services/Student Accounts, Registrar’s Office, and success coaches from the Student Success Center.
*If you plan to graduate at the end of the upcoming semester, don’t forget to Apply to Graduate in myHilltop after registering for classes!