Think of asides as callouts: They can be either vertical or horizontal, and they should contain content that you want to stand out.
Aside Option 1
This is an example of a vertical aside with an image.
This aside style will automatically align to the right side of the page.
Use an aside to:
- Drive to content within stedwards.edu but outside of the pageset navigation (such as a News Center article).
- Draw attention to specific content users shouldn’t miss.
Do not use an aside if the content logically fits with the rest of the on-page content.
Tips for asides:
- Keep them short. Content for asides (particularly vertical) should be no more than one or two sentences.
- Use a photo. An image help asides stand out!
- Check on mobile view (especially with vertical asides). Asides stack in mobile, so be sure that the content is appearing in a logical order.
Aside Option 2
This is an example of a horizontal aside with an image.
Check "Alternative Style" to create a horizontal aside.
Aside Option 3
This is an example of a vertical aside without an image.
If you do not add an image to your aside the aside will automatically display as a horizontal aside.