Pursue Your Passions
Student organizations are a vital part of our campus community. By getting involved in a student organization, you'll have the opportunity to meet new people with similar interests, explore your passions, develop leadership skills, gain experience in your academic areas of interest, connect with faculty and staff, and make a positive impact to our local and global communities through service.
There are more than 100 student organizations on campus and you can choose the level of commitment and area of interest in which you are involved.
View the university's Student Organizations Manual for additional information on organization policies.
Find an Organization
Student Involvement Coordinators help students get involved with organizations. Student Involvement Coordinators can either connect you with current student groups that match your interests or can help you start a new student organization.
Contact Student Involvement Coordinators:
seuorgs [at] stedwards.edu (subject: Need%20Help%20Finding%20a%20Student%20Organization) (Email)
Visit the Student Involvement office virtually M-F at 11 am-12 pm by emailing us. You will be added to the google chat room.
Student Organization Funds
While supported by Student Involvement, the success of student organizations depends primarily on the student leaders and members of each organization. Student organizations have the unique challenge of funding the majority of their activities through membership dues, fundraisers, and generous donations from outside supporters.
Average costs associated with student organizations include resources for hosting significant campus events, member development, travel costs for out-of-town conferences, and official organization t-shirts. Organizations engage in fundraising activities throughout the year to offset the increasing costs associated with being active and successful on campus.
Apply for Student Government Association Funding
The Student Government Association (SGA) provides limited funding for student organizations. This funding should directly support an organization's purpose or mission. The application is currently closed.
Note: This must be filled out at least two weeks (14 days) before the event or program.
Student Government Senate will vote to grant your organization funding at the weekly Senate meetings. You will then receive communication from the Student Government Chief Financial Officer outlining the steps to secure your reimbursement.
If you have questions, contact Student Government at sga [at] stedwards.edu (subject: Student%20Government%20Funding) .
Donate to a Student Organization
You may contribute to a student organization. To donate to a specific organization, click "Student Organization Designations" on the second page, or fill in the organization's name in the space provided.
If you would like to solicit donations from businesses, you must provide a list of those businesses to Student Involvement. The list will be submitted to University Advancement for approval, and you will be notified of their decision. Our university fundraising efforts must be coordinated to ensure we do not overburden a single person or entity.
Student Organization Events and Travel
If your student organization is planning an event or travel, the information below will help navigate you through the process.
Student Organization Event or Program
To ensure the event or program gets approved, follow these steps:
All events are to happen virtually, and please use this link for resources.
- To reserve a space on campus, log in to 25Live with your SEU username and password. If your event is off-campus, disregard this step. Note: Submit your event at least ten days in advance, or it will not be approved.
- Log in to CollegiateLink with your SEU username and password and submit your event. You must complete the entire form so Student Involvement can contact you if necessary.
- Download the Student Organizations Manual to learn more.
- Questions: Visit or seuorgs [at] stedwards.edu (subject: Question%20re%3A%20Student%20Organization%20Event%20or%20Program) (email) Student Involvement Ragsdale Center 304.
Student Organization Travel
If your student organization is planning on traveling, ensure that you have completed the following requirements, so your trip goes smoothly: All University travel is currently suspended.
- Submit the event and provide details of the travel request. Student Involvement will request additional information if necessary and either approve or deny the event.
- If you are traveling more than 25 miles from the University or internationally, you must complete additional steps. Contact Student Involvement, and they will walk you through the process.
Office of Student Involvement
seuorgs [at] stedwards.edu