St. Edward's University is committed to accessibility of stedwards.edu for all audiences. As a result, we purchased Siteimprove, a tool that helps us maintain and improve the website experience.
You will find Siteimprove to be a great resource for topics such as broken links, misspellings, and alt text for images. These are all important topics that help create ideal user experiences for your website visitors.
We encourage everyone to watch the Platform Overview Webinar for New Users since it is a great walkthrough for a new user to the Siteimprove platform. We have highlighted certain minute marks below that reference our initial focus topics of fixing Broken Links, Misspellings, and Alt Text Images.
Step #1 Watch the short Webinar: Platform Overview Webinar for New Users
- CMS Deeplinking feature has been enabled to make for easy navigation between the Siteimprove platform and the website CMS.
Step #2 Learn to update your broken links
- In Siteimprove, navigate from the Main Menu > Quality Assurance > Links > Broken links
- Helpful hint: Disable CSS or Enable HTML to make broken links more evident
- Login to CMS to fix errors
Step #3 How to identify and correct misspellings
- In Siteimprove, navigate from the Main Menu > Quality Assurance > Spelling > Find Misspellings
- Helpful hints: Add Words Tab for dictionary terms, Thumbs up adds to dictionary, Thumbs down marks as misspelling
- Login to CMS to address misspellings
Step #4 How to include Alt Text for Images
- In Siteimprove, navigate from the Main Menu > Accessibility > Issues > Sorting Options
- Login from the CMS to update Alt Text
Primary contact: Matt Meyers, Marketing Analyst, firstname.lastname@example.org
Siteimprove users: Marketing and Communications team and key website content owners from offices across campus.